Joylabz is looking for a contract graphic artist to develop 2D graphic assets for games to be used with Makey Makey. This position will help create interactive games that are part of a broader educational toolkit to reinvent how the world thinks about gaming.
- Design 2D animation, characters, and environments that are styled for our brand
- Design UI elements for navigation of game menus including icons and motion graphics
- Create clean final game art assets and animated content for the developer
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid visual design sense with ability to draw and communicate visually (may need to sketch ideas) Have an art portfolio including 8-bit style pixel or voxel art
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and your preferred 3D modeling software. Expertise in managing asset deliver pipeline - you will need to deliver final production assets
- Experience with delivering 2D assets using web technologies (HTML and CSS) a big plus.
- Experience with 2D animation, and/or creating art for animation
- Excellent time-management skills for working remotely and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- You work independently, however are quick to ask for help / opinions when stuck or to ensure your ideas are on the right track. We are geographically distributed team... so this is super important!
- A passion for education or gaming.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Illustration, Animation, Visual Communication, or similar
- 2 - 3 Years of experience in a digital graphic art
- Experience in Scratch
- Experience in the Maker Community
- Experience in game or ed tech development, design, and UI/UX
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and attachment or link to your portfolio.