Make anything into a key! You can send a signal through anything that's even a little bit conductive. You can also create inventions that combine conductive and non-conductive parts.
Here are a few things to try:
- Most fruits and vegetables work great.
- Lots of other foods work too. We've tried marshmallows, gummy candies, macaroni and cheese, cupcakes, shrimp, and lots of other things.
- Plants can work too. Try some leaves or flowers, but nothing too dry.
- Play-Doh, Model Magic and other clays work very well as long as they stay moist.
- People are conductive! Connect one person to the Plus Sensor and see what happens when they high five another person. Keep in mind that it'll work best when the smaller person is connected to the Makey Makey GO. You may also want to use the "sensitive setting" for people!
- Graphite from a pencil can work. Make thick, dark lines, and be sure to draw on a smooth surface.
- Foil and other metal objects will work. Try out coins, magnets, nuts and bolts, forks and knives, copper tale, or pots and pans.